Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Run Nineteen: That was so much fun!

This is not *actually* my best pace and distance
because I had five extra minutes of warmup,
for complicated reasons that don't bear going into.
That was so much fun!! Really!! I ran for 22 minutes straight (the Week 6, Day 3 program) and it just felt so good. Saturday and Monday, I felt like I was laboring a bit and there were times that were very hard. Today it was light and fun. :D

Of course, there's an easy explanation for that: I wasn't pushing my pace much at all today. I maxed out at 3.5 miles per hour and only did that for a few minutes. I really just wanted to go the whole time and relax and feel good the whole time. So I made sure that happened. 

I guess that means I didn't make my goal -- my goal was to run all 22 minutes with as much as possible at 3.5 mph. I'm sure I could have done more at 3.5, but it would have made the whole run a lot more difficult.

On the other hand, I absolutely and totally succeeded in running for longer than I ever have and *loving* it. The music was good and I was light on my feet and my body was happy. Which is absolutely huge!

What I've read about this program I'm doing is that one should run at a "conversational" pace so that you're able to carry on a conversation, though not sing. Until now that has been a fairy story -- completely impossible to accomplish. But today, I was about there. I couldn't have conversed for the whole 22 minutes, but I could probably have said a few words even all the way at the end of it. 

Which, just *wow*! That's cool. 

Next run is scheduled for Saturday. The Week 7, Run 1 plan is to run for 25 minutes. (I think that's the plan for the whole week.) Obviously my goal is to do that. If I can keep the fun and lightness while maybe doing a few more minutes at 3.5 miles an hour, that would be fantastic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment