Monday, March 16, 2015

Run Twenty-Four: Best Pace AND Distance!!

Running on the road is so much cooler,
even though it's much harder! 
Best Pace and Distance!! I haven't gotten both of those since like Run Five! :D I did not run the whole way, but I did run for more than half of the 28 minutes. I even did some of the running uphill. :D

Check out that running speed -- even with walking, that's faster by like a minute per mile than I've been doing. 

I'd be doing a happy dance, but I'm pretty pooped. I also pushed myself maybe a little bit too hard -- I'm coughing and my lungs aren't entirely happy. I'm looking forward to talking to the doctor about what can be done with this exercise-induced asthma. (I know things can be done. And we're seeing the doctor later this spring. So it'll get sorted.) 

It's definitely not cold-induced asthma today -- the weather was absolutely gorgeous. There were a lot of people out exercising enjoying the lovely evening. I actually impressed a lady who was out for a walk with her husband -- I passed them twice and did about 2/3ds of the loop in the time they did the other (easier) third. She actually did a double-take when she saw me the second time. :D That was fun. 

Next run is scheduled for Wednesday. Unless the weather forecast changes radically in the next day and a half, I'll be on the treadmill again. It's supposed to be in the 40s and I think that will make my lungs twitchier so discretion is going to be the better part of valor there. Goal for the run: Run all 28 minutes, do more than 7 minutes at 3.7 mph or more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment