Monday, March 23, 2015

Run Twenty-seven: A Conundrum, but not a bad one

Once again, my best distance!! :D
Run twenty-seven went well, though I don't really understand why. I achieved my best distance, but I don't know that I actually accomplished any of the goals I set for myself. 

My goals for the run were to run for 30 minutes with no breaks, go more than 8 minutes at 3.8 mph, go more than 12 minutes at 3.5 mph. I walked for about 5 minutes (I was a little less obsessive with time today, so I'm not sure exactly) so I actually walked more than last time, though I walked pretty fast. I went for eight minutes at 3.8 mph, but I didn't go more than that. I did two minutes at 3.7 mph. And I did probably 12 (I don't know for sure) at 3.5, and I may have done more. 

What that all amounts to is that I didn't particularly do worse than last time by the numbers, but somehow I went a little bit farther. 

That's the conundrum -- how does that work? 

I did try something new at the gym -- I plugged my earphones into the treadmill, so I could get sound with the TV. When the show I was watching I was on, it was excellent for keeping me from obsessing about time and such. The commercials were not as good an Other Thing To Focus On. I hadn't updated my music playlist in a while so I wasn't going to be inspired by the music readily available. It was not a bad experiment. 

Next run is scheduled for Wednesday -- I'm in with a chance of being able to get back out on the road. It's supposed to be plenty warm for my lungs, but maybe rainy. If I can dodge between showers, I'd definitely rather get back out on the road. Goal for the run, if I'm on the road: Beat my last road distance of 2.26 miles. Goal for the run, if I'm on the treadmill: Run for all 30 minutes, beat today's distance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment