Sunday, April 26, 2015

Run Forty-One: Not a great run, but a good day!

There were treadmill and timing fails, so the
best distance doesn't really count. I don't think. 
I did go for my run yesterday, but didn't get home until relatively late (around 8pm) and then the evening was all discombobulated. And there was some discombobulation with the distance and time numbers with my run, so I wasn't quite sure what to say. 

Basically there was an issue with the treadmill (I accidentally knocked off the emergency stop thing), which meant there was math involved. After 25 minutes of running, math is not my friend. Anyway, I actually ran for about 43 minutes, but I have no idea how far I went in that time (except that it was less than 2.69 miles). My heart rate was really high (above my "max" HR) but my calves never cramped up. 

It wasn't a great run, that much I know. We met up with some friends and had a *huge* lunch -- so even several hours later, I wasn't feeling too much like pushing or running too hard. (And even after running, I didn't have dinner.) I did go at 4.3 or 4.5 miles an hour for 15 minutes, maybe more. So it wasn't *bad*; it just wasn't great. 

Next run is scheduled for Monday. I have no idea what the weather is supposed to be. The way this spring is going, I'm not sure if the weather forecasters have much of an idea. Goal for the run, if I'm on the treadmill: See how far I can go at 4.5 miles an hour. Goal for the run, if I'm outside: Try to run farther than last time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment