Monday, April 27, 2015

Run Forty-two: Crampy calves, darn it!

Crampy calves kept me a little slower than
I wanted to be. 
I was inside on the treadmill this evening, mostly because I wanted to try and redeem myself from Saturday's run. Not that it was as bad as all that (and honestly it might have been one of my best) but I wanted to get back on the treadmill and do better than when I was running off a delicious lunch. 

I did not succeed with that -- I didn't stretch or massage my calves after Saturday (I've been getting lazy about that). I also didn't eat after running Saturday and having a post-run snack (or getting home in time for dinner) seems to make a huge difference in how sore I am. Anyway, I think the two of those made my legs very very cramp-prone today. I've been finding the last few days that running faster gets me through calf cramps, but that didn't work today. I just couldn't go as far or as fast as I wanted to. 

Darn it!!

All of that said, I didn't do that badly -- this distance is 1/100th of a mile off my best distance over 40 minutes (discounting the wonky numbers from Saturday). So yeah, I didn't do better, but I didn't do horribly worse either. It just didn't feel as good. 

And that's a bummer. 

Next run is scheduled for Wednesday. If the weather report holds, I'll be outside. Goal for the run: Go farther and faster than last time on the road. Goal for the run, if I'm inside: Feel good. 

And now I'm off to massage my calves some -- see if I can work these cramps out.

No comments:

Post a Comment