Monday, April 13, 2015

Run Thirty-six: Woo-hoo!!

Best pace *and* distance!! :D Slightly different route with
more pretty lake and one fewer hill. 
It was another absolutely stunning evening, so I was out on the road again. It was warm, but not too warm, breezy (shading to windy) and nicely sunny. I figured out a new route that lets me stay by the lake longer and, happily, cut off one of the more annoying hills on my usual loop. (Annoying because I have to go up it and then back down and then back up another hill on the other side -- it feels like gaining and losing altitude unnecessarily.)

I saw some Yellow-Rumped Warblers in a flowering cherry tree, which was pretty and happy. There were flowering magnolias and tulip trees and it was all very springy and nice.

And I went farther in 40 minutes than I ever have before! :D Best pace and distance!! My average pace was below 16 minutes a mile.

Basically it was really cool all the way around. And I had fun.

In the aftermath, my hamstrings are all kinds of pingy -- so I'll sit with my feet up for the rest of the day, watch baseball and draw. Life is good!

Next run is scheduled for Wednesday. I believe I'll be outside again, though it's supposed to be chillier than today and grey, so I'll keep my options open. Goal for the run, if outside: Beat this run. I'm pretty sure I can do it. Goal for the run, if inside: Do some time at 4.0 miles an hour. Beat last inside run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment