Monday, May 4, 2015

Run Forty-five: Fun!!

Good run, felt pretty light for the start. Not a best
pace or distance, but they can't all be.
It was another glorious evening today, though warmer than Saturday afternoon. It was around 80 degrees and I could definitely feel it, especially when I  got home -- I was super sweaty and overheated. I'm glad I had a water bottle along with me (I always do) because I definitely needed it. 

I don't know if the heat is why I didn't quite beat my best pace and distance. I know I got very briefly distracted by a bird (maybe an Eastern Kingbird but I didn't get a good look at it) but I hardly broke stride for that. I did  run for about 10 minutes straight, then intermittently after that, but less than on Saturday. 

Anyway, I felt good, I had fun, it was a nice evening, and I'm happy with the run. :D 

Next run is scheduled for Wednesday. The weather report is looking pretty dodgy -- storms and rain -- so I may be back in the gym. Goal for the run, if I'm in the gym: Beat my best treadmill run (or see how far I can go at 4.5 miles an hour). Goal if I'm outside: Feel light and easy and get back to my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment