Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Run Forty-Six: Treadmill Awesomeness!

Absolutely kicked it on the treadmill!! :D
This is my best treadmill distance and pace by a *lot* -- my previous treadmill best in 40 minutes (approximately) was 2.46 miles. I felt good, I ran well (at 4.3 miles an hour) without any cramping or hurtiness, and it was just *good*! 

I probably could have been on the road tonight, but I didn't trust the weather. I also wanted to see how I'd do on the treadmill. And I have to go to the gym at least 3 times a month to feel like it's worth it, and I wanted to get going on May's visits. And I wanted to, so there you are. 

I seem to do pretty well when I change environment -- even just going back to the gym (or back out on the road). Maybe I should alternate. Does that make sense? I'm not sure. 

Anyway, that was an excellent run and I'm completely delighted. 

Next run is scheduled for Saturday. I'm not sure what the weather is supposed to be like, so I've no idea if I'll be on the road or on the treadmill. Goal for the run, if I'm on the road: This is more of a plan than a goal but instead of going for 30 minutes of run time (plus five minutes each of warm-up and cool-down), I'm going to see how long it will take me to go 3.1 miles (with my usual mix of walking and running) or until I'm too pooped to go further. On Monday when I was on the road, I stopped when my time was up but felt like I could have gone more at my "going" pace. Goal for the run, if I'm on the treadmill: Possibly the same as if I'm on the road, otherwise try to feel as light and free as today, only at 4.5 mph.

No comments:

Post a Comment