Monday, June 8, 2015

Run Fifty-Eight: Best-Best? Really?

A best-best, but kind of on a technicality.
Still, I'll take it! 
I was on the treadmill tonight on account of weather. And on account of not knowing how my skinned leg was going to react to running and if I started bleeding, I wanted to be able to stop and deal with it.

This looks like a best-best, but I'll admit freely that I didn't do as much running as usual -- I made it up by walking faster during my walking stretches. I also ran more of my running stretches at 4.7 and 4.9 miles an hour, though they were shorter.

I don't think that not being able to run for longer at a stretch has anything to do with my leg, though it's a little bit hurty and the half-acre of bandage on it is annoying. I've been off my allergy medicine since Saturday, preparatory to going to the allergist on Wednesday. So  I'm a little more congested than usual and therefore got winded easier. 

Walking even at 3.7 miles an hour is easier than running and doesn't stress my lungs as much. 

Next run is scheduled for Wednesday, after my allergist appointment. I don't really envision my allergist appointment interfering with running -- I'm getting skin-tests, but unless something strange happens I just don't see it being a problem for running. If I'm wrong about that, I'll run on Thursday. At the moment, the weather is looking promising me being on the road. Having succeeded in my goal of not injuring myself today, I'm going to be aiming for a best-best on the road. 



No comments:

Post a Comment