Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Run Fifty-Six: Missed it by *that* much!

I honestly didn't think I'd done as well as I did.
When I saw the final numbers after my run, I was kind of surprised. I didn't think I'd done as well as I wound out doing -- this isn't a Best-Best, but the distance is the same as Monday's run and the pace is only one second per mile shorter. I didn't feel nearly as light and free and glide-y as I did on Monday. 

I don't know if this is connected, but I didn't have a pre-run snack today, which I normally do. I prefer not to run on an empty stomach, because I figure I need to have some energy to run on. But today there were muffins in the office and I was powerless to resist the chocolate muffin with cream cheese filling. So I didn't want to have *another* snack later in the day. 

Anyway, I don't know if it was running while hungry that made the difference in how I felt today. I didn't feel bad, just didn't have a spring in my step. 

Anyway, it was still a good run. The last five minutes of running time, I did three at 4.5, two at 4.7 and one at 5.0. So I definitely ended on a high note. :D

Next run is scheduled for Saturday. I think I'm in with a chance of being on the road, which will be cool. Goal for the run: See if I can go as well on the road as I have been on the treadmill the last couple of days. I think I might be able to -- the GPS has short changed me a couple of times, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment