Sunday, June 21, 2015

Run Sixty-Three: Running with a cold. Still went well!

Not a best-best, but not too far off it (.02 of a mile),
which given my congestion isn't too bad. :D
I have either a bit of a cold or am having one mother of an allergy attack (which would be disturbing considering that I live on allergy medications) because I've spent the last couple of days congested and drippy. 

Anyway, congested and drippy is no reason to skip a run, so I went yesterday as planned. I didn't expect that I'd burn up the treadmill (definitely treadmill because we had severe weather bearing down on us) but I wanted to run for sure. 

Patrick went to the gym with me -- he wants to start doing some weight training, so we got him some gym shoes and upgraded my membership at Planet Fitness so I can bring a guest (i.e. him). He went to look around and talk to the folks there about what the training options are (he has a bad back and his doctor is in favor of strength training, but wants him to work with a trainer the first few times to learn good form). We're both going to do a class this week that gives each of us a personalized weight training routine. I'm excited to go to the gym with him! I'm also excited to start doing a bit of weight training, though I might have to lose a bit of running time to do so. We'll see how that plays out. 

Anyway, my run went way better than I thought it would. I only missed a best distance by two one-hundredths of a mile, which is hardly anything. I ran at 4.5 to 5 miles an hour, finishing each running interval at 5 miles an hour, and felt good while doing it. I actually felt better than last time on the treadmill (and definitely better than in the heat on the road on Wednesday, though the road has definite pleasures of its own), despite the congestion and scratchy lungs.

Next run is scheduled for Monday. I'm not sure where I'll be. Road would be more convenient, as we have a social engagement planned for after and road gets me home sooner. But there's always a chance of weather in the summer around here. And always a chance of ridiculous heat and humidity. I might have to shave a little bit of time off at the end (because of said social engagement) and I don't know how I'm going to be feeling. So all in all, my goal for the run is to do it and do as well as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment