Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Run Sixty-Two: On the Road and feeling sweaty! :D

Best road run ever, by 1/100th of a mile.
Still -- that means it was good! 
When I got home from my run today, my husband asked how it was. My answer, "I've got sweat running in my eyes and making them sting." That was, in a way, part and parcel of it being a good run -- I was soaking with sweat and breathing hard and had just run a little tiddly bit better than ever before on the road. It was a really good run. 

And the sweat was stinging my eyes. In a cool way. 

It seems like there ought to be a metaphor there, but darned if I can think of it.

I didn't run as well as I was hoping to -- I don't really like having this much of a difference between my road and treadmill runs and want to up my road game to bring it inline. But running on the road is harder -- there are hills and it's hot out and sometimes I'm running over grass and just... seriously!!

But it went well on the whole -- I didn't run quite as far for my first, longest, run as I have been. I had my first allergy shot yesterday and woke up terribly congested. I'm not at all certain whether there's a connection or just happenstance. And I took a decongestant first thing in the morning. So I don't know that I wasn't breathing as well this evening when I was running. And if I was, I don't know whether or not it was connected to the allergy shot.

Anyway, it was a good run and I got sweat in my eyes. Cool stuff!

Next run is scheduled for Saturday. Whether or not I'm on the road depends largely on when I run, how hot it is, and whether there are thunderstorms yet. If I'm on the road, I want to crack 2.7 miles. Preferably by a lot. If I'm on the treadmill, I want to crack 2.8. I'm pretty sure both of those goals are accomplishable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment