Saturday, April 11, 2015

Run Thirty-five: A Beautiful Day on the Road

I loved being back on the road on a gorgeous day!
It finally feels like spring again (it's been in the 40s and grey all week) and it was delightful to get out on the road today. Typically for spring in these parts, it's quite windy out but once I warmed up a bit it felt nice.

I definitely made my goal for the run. My goal was to beat my best road distance at home (2.44 miles) and I came within a whisker of beating my distance at my mom's place last weekend (2.48 miles). I'm not actually sure how far off I was but something less than a hundredth of a mile. When I'm on the road I don't really look at my distance and speed numbers -- if I'd known I was that close, I'm sure I could have pushed a little harder and come up with another hundredth of a mile, darn it. 

I don't usually mention my weight, because while weight loss is a nice side benefit of the exercising and eating better, it's not exactly the goal. (Not the main goal anyway.) Still, I'm pleased to note that even with several days of vacation (including fast food lunches and Waffle House for breakfast and a birthday party for my uncle), I'm down almost 4 pounds over the last two weeks. 

It's nice to know that a few days of not worrying about it too much won't break things as long as I get back to normal as soon as possible. 

Next run is scheduled for Monday. I believe it's supposed to be nice out, so I think I'll be on the road. Which is cool, because it's a little faster than going to the gym (because I don't have to drive there and back) and it's baseball season now, so I want to be home for the games in the evening. :D Goal for the run: Push a little harder and get that best pace and distance back here at home. I was *so* close today, I know I can do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment